Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
App crash iOS 6
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
App crash iOS 6
Hi,

I use the iPad version and since upgrading to iOS 6 the app crashes when accessing graphs.
Not sure if you know of this issue?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: App crash iOS 6
Hi g-unit,

Thanks for reporting this. Which iPad do you currently use? This may help me better isolate what is going on.

Thanks,
Eric

(10-02-2012 04:34 PM)g-unit Wrote:  Hi,

I use the iPad version and since upgrading to iOS 6 the app crashes when accessing graphs.
Not sure if you know of this issue?

Thanks.
10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
iPad 3
10-07-2012, 01:29 PM
g-unit,

I just updated my iPad 3 to iOS 6. I am able to view graphs without having the app crash. Have you tried a hard reset (i.e.: holding the power button and rebooting). The graphs, especially ones with a large amounts of data, tend to use a lot of memory.

If you have another app in memory (such as a game) that uses a lot of memory, it could be restricting the amount of memory that Reef Tank Pro has available and a hard reset may help.

If that doesn't help, I have some other ideas which I can assist you with.

Thanks,

Eric
Reef Tank Pro
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Hi Eric,

I generally only run 4-5 apps at a time.
It still crashes after powering down the iPad twice.
Reef tank pro is the only app running after boot up.

It seems to struggle to load the thumbnails of the graphs, when you touch stats.
If I scroll down slowly it hasn't completely loaded all the graphs and then crashes.
Maybe after the 3rd or 4th attempt I can see all thumbnails and select a graph.

I have 10 graphs displaying one measurement (pH, temp, SG, PO4, KH, Mg, Ca, NH4, NO2, NO3)
I have 3 graphs displaying two measurements each (Ca+CaDosage in ml) ; (Mg+MgDosage in ml) ; (Alk+AlkDosage in ml)
I have 2 graphs displaying 3 measurements each (Ca-Mg-KH) ; (NH4-NO2-NO3)

Thanks,

Grant.
10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
I am having issues as well with iOS6 and the app crashing. It only seems to crash when I go to the Graphs tab. I use an iPad 2 and have tried the reset as well.
11-17-2012, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 05:30 AM by Keneil01.)
Thanks for a great app - i us it every week for logging my tests.

I do have the same problem as reported. Ipad2 64 3gs. Hope you can sort it out, because the crash is realy enoying.
11-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Same issue here. iOS 6 (not 6.0.1) iPad 3. I open and choose graphs. It'll generate one graph and crash. When i reopen it'll generate the next graph and crash. It does this until all graphs are generated. Then i can view them. Then after adding data the issue restarts.

Do the developers get the crash reports that the iPad generates? I have a whole bunch i can share if you want.
04-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Same here since I got my iPhone 5 :(
But great app the life of our reef tank is on here.
If I tap the graph quickly I can some get it to open before it crashes, and if a iPad sync could be done that would be the best :)
Good luck
04-06-2013, 10:18 PM
The graph crashing issue has been identified. The graphing engine didn't have the code slice for the new ARMv7 architecture the iPhone 5 uses and there was a problem with the background process that generates the smaller graph thumbnails. Hoping to push this out in a week or so. Stay tuned! Sorry for the delay! Thanks!
Eric