Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Filter/Search Logs
01-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Filter/Search Logs
Hey Guys,

I'm lovin the app. The more I use it, though, the more I run into little things that could make it so much better.

I've noticed many times where I had to scroll through my logs to find the last amount I dosed or when the last dose was done. It would be great to filter the log by entries. Click the entries you want to see and only entries of that type appear in the log. Search would be good too so you could just search by key word. This could enable quick finding of entries with certain notes. For example an inhabitant (coral, shrimp, fish, plant etc.,) is looking affected in some way. You get through it fine and the inhab recovers nicely, but then a month or two down the road another inhab or same inhab shows symptoms. This time inhab doesn't come back nicely. You could quickly search the log find what happened immediately after that resulted in recover and compare with current treatment to find differences.

I also like to quickly find the last dose I administer of ferts, prime, stability you name it.

The point is that the log portion of the app can be so much more than an easier way to record info. It can also be more expeditious to find pertinent information in the log.

I am pretty confident something like this is already in the works for the updates, but I am posting it so that in the off chance it isn't then you have a new suggestion.

Thanks again for the awesome app
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2012, 07:58 PM
RE: Filter/Search Logs
I am not sure how much Eric would like me to say, but filtering/search entries have been talked about Smile

Anthony
Developer Helper of Reef Tank Pro
About Me
01-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Like I thought, you are on it. Just wanted to make sure it didn't slip through the cracks of assumption.

Thanks
01-25-2012, 08:04 PM
It's great that you think of things as we do it. We're appreciative of your efforts and it really shows you use the app and like using it. Feel free to rate the app. First US review we got was very unfair. Smile

Anthony
About Me
01-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Sure, love to review the app. Haven't done a review yet so I'll have to figure that part out
01-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Feel free to mention the fast response to support via forums. Smile

Anthony
About Me
01-25-2012, 10:59 PM
(01-25-2012 08:09 PM)VisualPhD Wrote:  Sure, love to review the app. Haven't done a review yet so I'll have to figure that part out

I was going to ask you if you had tried the competition's inferior products that are on the app store, but your review answered that. Smile Sorry RTP makes me arrogant. Smile

Anthony
About Me