Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Label time axis based upon zoom level
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Label time axis based upon zoom level
When viewing a chart, the time axis is labeled with the date of entry but no time.

That is fine for a large view of events, but if you were more interested in tracking down events over a single day like temperature increases or pH swings with lights on or off then you zoom into just that day. The labels however remain as the date. It would be much more helpful to label by time when zoomed in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: Label time axis based upon zoom level
One of the difficulties with having pinch to zoom capability in graphing is that as you zoom the graph the time axis changes dynamically. We've been enhancing the graphing engine with each version we release. I'll keep this in mind for a future version. I'd like the graphs to dynamically display the time component depending on the precision level. This would also be useful for when you only graph a range of 1 day. Great suggestion!
01-20-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: Label time axis based upon zoom level
Sounds exactly what I was thinking of. Glad to hear you're on it already. Again I can't wait for the updates. In the meantime I am enjoying the simplicity of use and the in depth features already present.