Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Export/Import Logs
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Export/Import Logs
I like to use my iPad and iPhone. Unfortunately I started on my iPad and cannot transfer over to my iPhone (without manually re-entering all my data).

It would be extremely helpful to have an option to export/import logs. More advanced might be to export/import measurements only, or even specific measurements i.e., pH or Temp.

This feature would also enable more detailed graphing if a user wanted to import log data into there computer using something like MS Excel.

Ideally, though, I just want to be able to synchronize my log between my iPhone and my iPad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Export/Import Logs
VisualPhd,

We are working on a method to make it possible for you to sync your data between iOS devices. I also have several iOS devices and understand the need to have my data on more than one device. We're working on it! Also, in the future you will be able to export to CSV and Excel for further analysis.

If you are interested in syncing your data manually, this is possible by using a third party application called PhoneView (trial & full version). This app allows you to access the files stored in Reef Tank Pro's documents folder. At the present time you have to copy all the data at once and therefore cannot use two devices at the same time. Please note that the files in the documents folder may change in future releases when we implement syncing technology.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

Thanks for your suggestion!

Eric
01-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Eric,

I run jailbroken on both iPhone and iPad. I thought to skirt this issue using MyFile and SSH to copy from the documents folder of ReefTankPro on my iPad. It was successful in that I could view log on the iphone, but any attempts to alter, chart, or add new entries crashed ReefTankPro on my iPhone. I assumed that something was in the .sql file specific to the iPad which created it and thus the problems on my iphone.

FYI: iPad & iPhone both iOS 5.0.1 JB with redsn0w_0.9.10b3
01-20-2012, 07:15 PM
That's interesting. It should've worked. Do an SSH and ls -al in the Documents folder. See if there is a difference in permissions. Perhaps you need to chmod the .sql file. Smile
01-20-2012, 07:55 PM
(01-20-2012 07:04 PM)VisualPhD Wrote:  Eric,

I run jailbroken on both iPhone and iPad. I thought to skirt this issue using MyFile and SSH to copy from the documents folder of ReefTankPro on my iPad. It was successful in that I could view log on the iphone, but any attempts to alter, chart, or add new entries crashed ReefTankPro on my iPhone. I assumed that something was in the .sql file specific to the iPad which created it and thus the problems on my iphone.

FYI: iPad & iPhone both iOS 5.0.1 JB with redsn0w_0.9.10b3

Can you verify this is what ReefTankPro.sql looks like inside of MyFile?

[Image: IMG_0395.PNG]

Anthony
Developer Helper of Reef Tank Pro
About Me
01-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Here is a screen cap of the sql file from MyFile on iPad
Looks the same to me

01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
(01-20-2012 08:04 PM)VisualPhD Wrote:  Here is a screen cap of the sql file from MyFile on iPad
Looks the same to me

Weird, the access time was sometime in November, very odd. Almost seems like it doesn't open/read file from within Reef Tank Pro, unless you haven't ran it on this iOS device since November 25.

Anthony
About Me
01-20-2012, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 08:26 PM by VisualPhD.)
Hadn't noticed access time. This definitely isn't me as I only installed in Jan 2012. Mod time is me showing my last log entry time from this afternoon. I am looking at permissions now.
Checked permission on the version I copied onto the iPhone
-rw-r--r-- 1 root mobile 38912 Jan 18 19:50 ReefTankPro.sql

Looks like group has no write permission. Not sure how owner works since I believe it is always mobile. I'll add write to group and let you know what happens.
ran chmod g+rw ReefTankPro.sql
new permissions are
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mobile 38912 Jan 18 19:50 ReefTankPro.sql

Looks like it is working now. I can add entries and plot charts in stats. I'll post any other issues I run into with it.
01-20-2012, 08:30 PM
(01-20-2012 08:10 PM)VisualPhD Wrote:  Hadn't noticed access time. This definitely isn't me as I only installed in Jan 2012. Mod time is me showing my last log entry time from this afternoon. I am looking at permissions now.
Checked permission on the version I copied onto the iPhone
-rw-r--r-- 1 root mobile 38912 Jan 18 19:50 ReefTankPro.sql

Looks like group has no write permission. Not sure how owner works since I believe it is always mobile. I'll add write to group and let you know what happens.
ran chmod g+rw ReefTankPro.sql
new permissions are
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mobile 38912 Jan 18 19:50 ReefTankPro.sql

Looks like it is working now. I can add entries and plot charts in stats. I'll post any other issues I run into with it.

Mine looks like this:

drwxr-xr-x 2 mobile mobile 102 Jan 5 19:44 ./
drwxr-xr-x 6 mobile mobile 238 Dec 23 09:39 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 mobile mobile 259072 Jan 5 19:44 ReefTankPro.sql

So maybe:
chown mobile:mobile ReefTankPro.sql
?

Anthony
About Me
01-20-2012, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 08:38 PM by VisualPhD.)
Updated iPhone sql to most current. With new permissions on file, I couldn't easily overwrite it. Had to first rm from terminal, copy in the new version, and finally add w to group permission. Seems to be working OK. Thanks, now I can use from phone without re-entering all my info. Definitely not a happy way to synch but now I can use it from my phone instead of iPad. I'll stay on the iPhone for now and wait for the update to allow synch between devices.

Thanks for the awesome app guys.
Gotta pick up my daughter but I'll try the chown later